I LOVE frozen yogurt, don’t you? I love the tangy flavour of the yogurt and during a hot day, I find it extremely refreshing. Besides, when you are trying to eat low-fattish (is that even a word??), it is the best alternative to full fat ice cream. These Blueberry Lavender Swirl Yogurt Popsicles are so yummy. I had some of my Blueberry Lavender Syrup leftover from making Blueberry Lavender Mojitos and thought of adding it to my usual yogurt popsicles. Well, let me tell you: the result was so good that I just HAD to share it with all of you. The sweet blueberry syrup goes extremely well with the slight tanginess of the yogurt. Besides, this recipe is so easy that even your kids can make it! Enjoy!
If you like ice cream, check out my eBook The Cool Side of Summer. The cookbook contains 25 recipes of my favourite frozen treats: ice cream, gelato, frozen yogurt, semifreddo, sorbet, granita, popsicles…it’s all there. Italian classics like Milk Gelato, Lemon Sorbet, Mint Granita. But also international flavours like this Cookies & Cream Frozen Yogurt, Chai Banana Ice Cream, Rose Milk Popsicles and many more. The eBook also contains tips on how to make the recipes with or without an ice cream maker. There are eggless and dairy free recipes. Some are fruity, others are creamy. Some are even low fat! If you haven’t done it yet, get your copy by clicking here.
- 60 ml – ¼ cup Greek style yogurt
- 10 ml – 2 tsp milk, or a little more depending on how thick the yogurt is
- ⅓ tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp blueberry lavender syrup
- In a bowl, mix together the yogurt, milk and caster sugar until the sugar melts.
- Put ⅓ of the yogurt mixture in a popsicle mould, add 1 tablespoon of blueberry lavender syrup. Add another ⅓ of yogurt mixture and 1 tablespoon of blueberry lavender syrup. Finish off with the remaining yogurt.
- Swirl gently with a knife.
- Freeze overnight.
- When ready, unmould and serve immediately.