I cannot believe it is Halloween again! Before you know it, it will be Christmas time! Where does time fly?? It seems like last week that I published my Halloween Treats, instead it’s been a year already! As you may know, Halloween is not something that we celebrate in Italy, so I did not grow up “trick or treating” like many of you. My kids, however, celebrate it and I love the idea of making something spooky to give to them on that day. I did a little bit of browsing around the web to see what to make this year and I just could not get over these “eyeballs”. The looked so real! And I can tell you, they look pretty spooky when you see them in your drink! I had to change the punch recipe quite a bit as I could not find many of the ingredients of the original recipe, but the look was “bloody realistic” anyway! It was a very quick treat to make and my kids loved it, which is the best part! I hope you enjoy it too! Have fun trick or treating this Halloween!
- To make the “eyeballs”, stick 1 to 2 blueberries, depending on their size, into the cavity of each lychee and freeze them for about 1 hour.
- Stir together 5 tablespoons of the lychee syrup, the blueberry juice and lemon juice in a bowl or pitcher. Stir in the sparkling water, mix and add the eyeballs.
- Serve in tall glasses over ice, spooning 2 lychee eyeballs into each glass.
- For a grown-up twist, stir in the rum before adding the sparkling water.
- Enjoy and Happy Halloween!