Frittata is my favourite way to eat eggs. My mother would make it once a week: Saturday at lunch. I love the fact that you can add many different ingredients and turn it into a completely new dish every time. The one I used to like the most while growing up was with fried potatoes, but this Ham and Cheese Frittata Roll has quickly taken its place at the top of the list. I mean… look at that cheese!! It’s irresistible! Unlike classic frittata, this roll is baked and not fried, which makes it a little bit healthier. This dish is perfect for a buffet or a quick meal. Just slice it and serve it with your favourite salad and enjoy it! And tell me, what’s your favourite way to eat eggs?
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, grated Parmigiano Reggiano, parsley, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Line a 20x30cm (8”x12”) cookie sheet with baking paper and pour the egg mixture into it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C – 355°F for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- When cooked, cover the frittata with cling wrap and let it rest for 10 minutes or until cool.
- Turn the frittata around and remove the baking paper.
- Cover the surface with the slices of ham and cheese, then roll the frittata like a Swiss roll.
- Wrap it in cling wrap and let it rest for 10 minutes so it retains its shape.
- Then remove the cling wrap and put the roll back in the pre-heated oven. Bake it again at 180°C – 355°F for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Slice it and serve warm.