I love savoury cookies and I love cheese! I had been wanting to make these cookies for a very long time and I finally got a chance for my daughter’s party! These taste AMAZING… so much better than the cheese crackers you buy! These are made with Parmigiano Reggiano and anything tastes better with the king of cheeses in it! They are cheesy, crumbly, slightly crunchy, buttery and as decadent as they sound. I fell in love with them and it’s a good thing I made them for a party, so I was obliged to share them as they can be quite addictive! Make them… if you like cheese, I am sure you’ll love them too!
- Put all the ingredients (except for the sesame seeds!) in a food processor (or the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment) and blend until just crumbly.
- Put the crumbs on a lightly floured bench-top and knead them together until obtaining a smooth dough. Make it into a flattened ball, wrap it in cling wrap and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a thin sheet (about 2 mm – 0.08 inches thick) and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Put the cookies on a baking tray lined with baking paper and sprinkle some sesame seeds over them.
- Bake the cookies in a pre-heated oven at 200°C – 390°F for 20 minutes or until light golden brown (do not over bake them or they will taste bitter!).
- When ready, let them cool down on the tray for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool down completely.
- Serve cold.
They keep well for 3 to 5 days in an air-tight container.