Here I am, back with another recipe for home-made liqueur! Once you understand the procedure, you can make basically any flavour liqueur you like. This one is made with fresh passion fruit and it is delicious and even though it requires 45 days of “resting time”, the recipe itself is very easy. Thi liqueur is quite strong, so drink it in moderation or mix it with other liqueurs and juices to make tropical cocktails. I love the colour, so bright and cheerful… it looks almost like sunshine in your glass, doesn’t it? Enjoy! Cheers!
- Mix the passion fruit pulp, alcohol and vanilla together in an air-tight container and keep it in a dark place for 30 days.
- After the 30 days, make a syrup by mixing the water and sugar and heating until dissolved. Let the syrup cool down completely.
- Filter the passion fruit alcohol to remove the passion fruit seeds and mix the alcohol with the cold sugar syrup. Pour into a jar and let it rest in a dark place for another 15 days.
- When the 15 days are up, filter it again and bottle it up.
- Serve cold (on ice) or use for cocktails.