I love salads, but sometimes I feel like eating something warm instead. I had some pearl couscous (maftoul) in my pantry and when I looked through the vegetables that I had in my fridge I thought it may be a good idea to make a warm Maftoul salad with all of that. I must admit it was a great idea and the result was so good that I have made it many times already! Simple roasted vegetables are always comforting and the vinaigrette adds a much needed tanginess to the final dish. It is an easy and delicious dish and it looks stunning, especially if you use baby carrots. I think this is a great addition to your next holiday spread! Enjoy!
- 250 gms – 9 oz. Maftoul (Pearl Couscous), uncooked
- Chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bunch baby carrots, cleaned
- 2 yellow banana peppers
- ¼ medium butternut pumpkin, cubed
- 250 gms – 9 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, roughly sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Put the cleaned vegetables in a pan. Drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and season with salt. Mix well to coat the vegetables.
- Roast in the oven until cooked through.
- Mix all the ingredients of the vinaigrette and keep aside.
- Cook the maftoul in chicken (or vegetable) broth following the instructions on the package.
- When ready, mix it with the roasted vegetables and dress with the vinaigrette.
- Serve warm.