These potatoes make a great side dish, especially for chicken. I love to make them when we eat chicken wings and they are always a hit together. Who doesn’t love roasted potatoes? And the mix of spices in this recipe is hearty, slightly smoked and full of flavour. Another quick and easy recipe for a mid week dinner! Enjoy! I also have a little surprise for all of you at the end of this post…
3 big potatoes
1.5 tbsp paprika
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
2.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp salt (to taste)
Cube the potatoes in 4×4 cm – 1.5×1.5 inch pieces. Put them in a bowl full of cold water and set aside for at least 30 minutes. This will make the potatoes crispier when baked in the oven.
Drain them roughly and put the wet potatoes in a baking dish with the paprika, garlic and onion powders, salt and 2.5 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Mix well making sure that the potatoes are well coated with the mixture.
Bake in a preheated fan forced oven at 180°C – 350°F until the potatoes are cooked through and golden.
Maria has a wonderful blog with amazing food. She specialises in Indian cuisine (but not exclusively) and I sincerely suggest you to check out her delicious recipes! THANK YOU so much Maria!!! 🙂
So, here are the rules of the award:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Select 15 bloggers for the versatile award.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- In the same post include this set of rules.
- Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on their blog.
Mmmm this is getting hard! I have already shared quite a few things about myself… let’s see what I can come up with today!
1. I could spend all day in the kitchen. It is my favourite room of the house!!!
2. I love planning vacations, in fact I have a drawer full of “plans”. Some of these have already come true, some are still on stand by, but I simply cannot help it!
3. I like reading the news. I always have my favourite online newspaper tab opened on my laptop and I often read through it in between writing my posts.
4. My friend Jill from Mad about Macarons asked me to write a few lines about her book for its second edition! I was so thrilled and honoured that she actually asked ME. And then it turned out that my lines where chosen to be put on the back cover with David Lebovitz and other big names. Oh I was soooo thrilled! By the way… Jill, congratulations again on the 2nd edition of the best book on macarons!!
5. My favourite colours are white and black (I know… boring eh??).
6. I wish I had more time to dedicate to my blog and to my blog hopping. The truth is, I used to have more time before… my 2 year old does not nap in the afternoon any more… and her nap time was my blog hopping time!!! SIGH
7. I have always been more of a Facebook person, but since I discovered Twitter (thanks to the blog) I think I have become addicted to it!!! HELP!
Time to pass this award forward… here goes:
Marsha from The Harried Cook
Purabi from Cosmopolitan Currymania
Sawsan from Chef in Disguise
Giulia from Alter Kitchen
Jill from Mad About Macarons
Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake!!!
Nami from Just One Cookbook
Paola from An Italian Cooking in the Midwest
Sandra from Sandra’s Easy Cooking
Tiffany from Como Water
Tina from Pinay Cooking Corner
Fiona from Nuts About Food
Medeja from Cranberry Jam
Nydia from Mi Vida en Dulce
Katherine from Katherine Martinelli
And here goes the surprise! Today I am guest posting for one of my favourite blogger: my friend Tina from Pinay in Texas Cooking Corner with a very special recipe! It is a traditional Italian dish… and it involves seafood… curious??? What are you waiting for??? Go check it out at Tina’s website!!! And say hi to her from me! 🙂
THANK YOU Tina! I had great fun writing this guest post for you and I am really honoured that you chose me to start PiTCC’s Favorite Dishes from Around The World! Can’t wait to see what else is in store! <3