Today I want to share with you the recipe for a delicious and healthy side dish. This Green Bean Tomato and Potato Salad is very special to me and eating it always takes me back in time. My mum would often make it in summer when we were holidaying in Sicily. It is a very refreshing dish, healthy and satisfying. I love the red onion and tuna in it… I think that’s a match made in heaven! This dish is usually served as a side to either meat or fish, but if you want to have it as a light lunch, just serve it with some bread! I also suggest you have it with a cold glass of white wine… close your eyes and picture yourself sitting on a terrace overlooking the blue Mediterranean sea… Buon appetito everyone!
Green Bean, Tomato and Potato Salad
How to make a delicious and refreshing side dish that the whole family will love: Green bean tomato and potato salad!
- 250 gms – 8.5 oz. green beans cleaned and boiled – at room temperature
- 1 big or 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- 2 medium potatoes boiled, peeled and roughly chopped – at room temperature
- 100 gms – 3.5 oz. tuna drained and crumbled
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
- 1.5 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste