As I have mentioned in the post Ricotta gnocchi with three sauces, yesterday was my birthday, so I was even happier when Elyse from The Cultural Dish told me that she had awarded me with the “Stylish Food Blogger Award”. Getting my first award ever surely is a great way to celebrate! Thank you so much Elyse!
I have only recently started blogging and I still have so much to learn, but I can tell you guys that I am having a fantastic time! I had no idea I would meet so many interesting people who share my same passion for food and cooking. There is a whole world out there I had no idea about… now I know why it is called the “blogsphere”!
Since I made ricotta gnocchi for lunch, I did not feel like baking a cake. I preferred to sit back and relax! So my loving husband went out and got me my favourite Lindt cake from the Lindt Cafe’ in the city: the chocolate hazelnut gateau! YUM! Here I am, sharing a virtual slice of cake with all of you to celebrate my birthday and the award! 🙂
Maybe not all of you know this, but when you are awarded the Stylish Blogger Award, you have to write 7 things about yourself and award 10 other bloggers you enjoy following… so here we go…
1. I love travelling and my biggest dream is to take a long road trip around South America and stop in Patagonia for as long as possible.
2. I have a master’s degree in Political Sciences (not quite food related I know!).
3. I love cold winters and snow… which is ironic if you think that I live in Australia!
4. My favourite writers are Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Isabel Allende, Marcela Serrano, Gioconda Belli, Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni and Vikram Seth (his novel “A suitable boy” is my favourite book ever).
5. I started cooking as a child and the first dish I ever made by myself was “risotto alla milanese” (I promise I will post the recipe soon!).
6. I love foreign languages and I used to have many pen friends around the world… that was at the time when you actually had to write letters by hand, mail them and wait for a reply! The great thing is that I am still in touch with some of them and we have become real friends!
7. I am enjoying blogging quite a lot… I have a few ideas/projects for this site and I hope you guys will stick around to see them becoming a reality.
Now enough about me and let’s talk about some fantastic blogs that I have recently discovered and I love:
Elin at Elinluv’s Tidbits Corner
Kankana at Sunshine & Smile
Paules at Spinneys Cauldron
Rach at This Italian Family
Skjerstad at There’s something about Norway
Steph at Steph’s Bite by Bite
Susan at Chocolatesuze
Tes at Tes at home
Tiffany at Como Water
Thanks again Elyse from The Cultural Dish and happy blogging everyone! 🙂