Ready to say goodbye to 2016?? I definitely am! I am quite happy to leave it behind and I can’t wait to see what the new year will bring! To celebrate in style, I am going to make this Blueberry Lavender Mojito. It is amazingly delicious and it is a great way to use up some of that Blueberry Lavender Syrup I showed you how to make in my last post! I love rum based drinks and especially mojitos! This version also has a fantastic colour… so what are you waiting for? Quickly mix up this elegant Blueberry Lavender Mojito and join in the celebration! Happy New Year everyone! Cheers!
- ½ lime, cut in wedges
- 45 ml – 1 ½ oz. Rum
- Soda water, enough to fill the glass (about ½ cup)
- 2 tbsp blueberry lavender syrup (click here for the recipe)
- 1 tbsp simple syrup
- 1 cup ice
- Put the lime wedges in a Mojito glass (or if your muddler does not fit the Mojito glass like mine, do this in a separate bowl). Crush the lime to release its juice.
- Add the blueberry lavender syrup and the simple syrup and mix well.
- Fill the glass (or transfer to a Mojito glass and then fill it) with the ice cubes.
- Add the rum and fill the glass with cold soda water. Mix.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!