This week, the #SundaySupper team is celebrating spices and/or spicy food. I am a big fan of spices in general, so I just had to contribute!
I think I have a rather interesting Mojito collection on the site already and this Cilantro Jalapeño Mojito is yet another fun addition to it! I think Mojito is easily my favourit cocktail, so I am always game for trying new flavour combinations. When I made this Cilantro Jalapeño Limeade a while ago, I kept on thinking that the cilantro (that I usually call coriander) and jalapeño syrup would work great for any drink… and it did! It is sweet, fruity and earthy, with just a hint of delicious spiciness. This is an amazing mojito, trust me! Try it and let me know what you think! Cheers!
Cilantro Jalapeno Mojito
Cilantro Jalapeno Mojito - a refreshing mojito that is sweet, fruity and earthy, with just a hint of spiciness.
- ½ lime cut in wedges
- ¼ cup fresh coriander/cilantro leaves
- 45 ml – 1 ½ oz. white rum
- 125 ml – ½ cup coriander and jalapeño syrup
- 1 cup ice cubes
Put the coriander/cilantro leaves and the lime wedges in a Mojito glass (or if your muddler does not fit the Mojito glass like mine, do this in a separate bowl). Crush the coriander/cilantro and lime together to release their juices.
Fill the glass (or transfer to a Mojito glass and then fill it) with the ice cubes.
Add the rum and fill the glass with the cold coriander and jalapeño syrup. Mix well.
Decorate with a lime slice. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Check out all the other amazing recipes from the #Sunday Supper team:
- Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cajun Shrimp Dip byCooking with Carlee
- Harissa Lamb Meatballs with Herbed Yogurt Dipping Sauce by The Hungry Goddess
- Jalapeno Cheddar Roasted Chickpeas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Smoky Jalapeno Pineapple Salsa by Dash of Evans
- Spicy Apricot Chicken Meatballs by My Life Cookbook
- Spicy Jalapeno Chickpeas by Helpful Homemade
- Spicy Peach Chicken Wings by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Spicy Sugared Cashews by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chipotle Peanut Butter Cookies by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Cinnamon Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Mexican Chocolate Pudding by Pies and Plots
- Peppercorn Shortbread by The Finer Cookie
- Spicy Fudge Brownies by The Chef Next Door
- Spicy Mexican Hot Chocolate Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Buffalo Chicken & Lentil Stuffed Peppers by Momma’s Meals
- Chicken Karahi (Pakistani Chicken Curry) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers by Feeding Big and more
- Chickpea, lentil and spinach curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Devil’s Chicken by Monica’s Table
- East Indian Chard and Lentils by Wholistic Woman
- Fried Chicken with a Kick by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Grilled Chipotle Pork Chops by Cooking Chat
- Hella-peno Burger by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Jalapeno Popper Pizza by Hardly A Goddess
- Kung Pao Chicken by Palatable Pastime
- Lomo Saltado by Tramplingrose
- Spicy black bean burgers by Simple and Savory
- Spicy Penne all’arrabbiata by She Loves Biscotti
- Sweet & Spicy Pulled Pork Tacos by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Sweet Chili Pork by Cookin’ Mimi
- Tunisian Garlic Chickpea Soup by What Smells So Good?
- Baked Sriracha Sweet Potato Fries by Magnolia Days
- Easy to Make Cabbage Kimchi (MAK KIMCHI) by kimchi MOM
- Green Mango Sambal by Food Lust People Love
- Grilled Potato Salad with Spicy Picada Sauce by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Plus Homemade Ginger Ale and Spice is Nice Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.