A couple of months ago, I shared with you the recipe for some amazing Coconut Cookies. I had got that recipe as part of my monthly Secret Recipe Club assignment. While deciding on what recipe to make, I had also bookmarked today’s recipe and as I just could not get it out of my head, I had to make it! Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, I mean… how decadent does that sound? As my girls have been home for their winter holidays, I thought this was the best time to try these cookies out. They were a hit. They are very big, so my girls have been sharing them… you are advised. Also, beware that they are very hard to resist! Enjoy!
- In an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until well combined. Add in the eggs and vanilla and keep mixing until well combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of dough and place it at the bottom of an Oreo Cookie. Take another scoop of dough and place it on the top of the Oreo Cookie. Seal the edges together by pressing with your hands until the Oreo Cookie is enclosed within the dough.
- Place onto a tray lined with baking paper and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C – 350°F for 12 minutes or until the cookies are baked to your liking. Let them cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.