I love making bread at home and lately I have been experimenting a bit. These Savoury Apple Rolls are great on their own but are absolutely perfect as part of a cheeseboard. I love to eat them with cheese like Camembert, Brie, or blue cheese. They are perfect together, as the apples complement really well the taste of strong cheese. These rolls are really easy to make, so give them a try!
- Mix together the lukewarm water, yeast, and sugar and set aside to activate.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a hook attachment, put the flour and add the water and yeast mixture. Knead.
- Add the softened butter, salt, and cubed apple. Knead well.
- Make into a ball and let it rise for 2 hours.
- Divide the dough into 4 and make 4 rolls with it. Put them on a baking tray lined with baking paper and let them rise for another hour.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C – 355°F for 25 minutes.