If you follow this site, you know how much I like cheese and that, of all cheeses l like Gorgonzola the most. I easily find Gorgonzola dolce here in Sydney, which is the creamier and milder version of it, but to come across the piquant version… well, that’s much harder. So when I saw it at the shops, I got quite excited and bought a piece. Apart from eating it plain, I decided I wanted to make something else with it, something more special and elegant. That’s when I bumped into this amazing recipe. This is one of those recipes that you can whip up in a matter of 5 minutes (yes, I am not kidding you!) and serve it for a classy dinner party (or a family picnic)! I also made a balsamic vinegar reduction to serve with it, as I think it complements the sweet and spicy flavour of the terrine really well. Serve it with some crusty bread and you will have a fantastic appetiser! Enjoy!
- 250 gms – 8.8 oz. Gorgonzola piquant, roughly chopped
- 125 gms – 4.4 oz. butter, melted
- 50 gms – 1.75 oz. honey
- Put the gorgonzola piquant in the bowl of an electric mixer and blend it for a couple of seconds.
- Add the melted butter and honey and mix for a few seconds or until you obtain a smooth cream.
- Line a mould with cling wrap and pour the cheese cream into it. Cover with some more cling wrap and refrigerate it until it hardens.