My husband and kids love white chocolate, so the other day, I made these White Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies. They were a big hit and got over in no time! In fact, I have already been requested another batch as soon as possible! Like many of my recipes, this recipe was originally created as a way to utilise left-overs. I had some dough remaining from making Apple filled Cookies, and I decided to make these cookies filled with white chocolate and topped with crushed hazelnuts. I hope you like them just as much as my family did! Let me know in the comments! Enjoy!
- Put the cold butter and sugar in a mixer and blend for a few seconds until you get coarse crumbs.
- Add the egg and blend for a few seconds.
- Add the flour, baking powder and lemon zest and blend until incorporated.
- Knead into a ball, flatten it, wrap it in cling wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll the dough into a 3 mm - ⅛ ″ thick sheet.
- Cut out 40 discs. Put some white chocolate on half of the discs and cover them with the remaining discs. Top with the crushed hazelnuts.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C – 355°F for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Let them cool down on a wire rack and enjoy.