Sara from Ms. Adventures in Italy and Michelle from Bleeding Espresso have declared February 5th “World Nutella Day 2014″ – “a day to celebrate, to get creative with, and most importantly, to EAT Nutella”.
Raise your hand if you like Nutella!!! If I had to ask this question in an Italian classroom… I would probably be surrounded by an army of raised hands and the occasional jump! I get the same reaction when I ask my kids… luckily it’s only the 2 of them, so I can easily handle their reaction! Who can blame them though? I am the one who introduced them to this heavenly spread. I always have some in the pantry and I too love it. I know I have said this before, but whenever I eat Nutella I find myself remembering my childhood, as this is a staple in every Italian child’s life. Even though I think that Nutella is best eaten on a slice of bread, I have been experimenting with it too. This is the 3rd year I am participating in World Nutella Day and after making Nutella Pizza and Fried Nutella, this year I decided to try and make… liqueur. I love creamy liqueurs and when I saw this recipe for Creamy Nutella Liqueur, I was immediately sold. It is very (and I mean VERY) easy to make and it’s ready in about 30 minutes (cooling time included). Did I like it?? It tastes AMAZING… unfortunately my little ones cannot have any, but that makes mummy (and daddy) lucky…more for us! hahahaha Cheers and happy World Nutella Day!
- In a medium pot, whisk together Nutella and sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, slowly adding the cream. Gently whisk until everything has combined into a smooth mixture.
- Continue heating, whisking frequently, until it starts to simmer. Remove from the heat, allow to cool down to room temperature.
- Once the mixture has cooled, whisk in the vodka until well combined. Taste, add more vodka if you so desire.
- Keep in the fridge for up to three weeks.