During my kids’ winter holidays, I made these Sweet Yogurt Braids to have as a snack. They are healthy and taste delicious. And the best part? The girls loved them! I love sweet breads, don’t you? And these are particularly tasty and they also look cute, which is always a plus, especially for the kids. They also freeze well, so they are perfect for your kids’ lunchboxes! Try them and let me know how you like them!
- Mix together the melted butter and sugar.
- In another bowl, mix together the yogurt, honey, vanilla essence, and lemon zest.
- Put the flour, the yeast melted in water, the yogurt mix and the butter and sugar mix in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the hook attachment.
- Add the salt and knead for at least 10 minutes or until the dough is very smooth.
- Make into a bowl and let it rise for 2 hours.
- Divide the dough into 9 pieces. Divide each piece in 3 and roll each of them into ropes.
- Line the ropes side-by-side and braid them together. Seal the ends.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with baking paper and repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Let them rise again for 1h30.
- Gently brush them with milk and dust with granulated sugar.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 175°C – 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until golden.