Today’s recipe is very simple and quick to make, and it makes for a very tasty and elegant appetiser, or even main dish if you increase the quantities. I love it and make it often for a quick and satisfying lunch. I had it for the first time at a restaurant in Milan and it was love at first bite. Radicchio and gorgonzola are a classic combination in Italian cooking and it is easy to understand why: radicchio is slightly bitter and crunchy, while gorgonzola is creamy, sweetish yet spicy. All the contrasts and textures are there and the two flavours complement and balance each other perfectly. I have already shared with you the recipe for my Risotto with Radicchio and Gorgonzola, so make sure you check it out as it is just as delicious as this Grilled Radicchio! Enjoy!
- Remove the outer leaves from your radicchio, wash and cut them in halves.
- Brush the halves with extra virgin olive oil on all sides and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill on a hot griddle on both sides for a few minutes, until softened.
- In the meantime, put the cream and gorgonzola in a saucepan and melt the cheese on a low flame, stirring.
- When ready, put the radicchio on a serving plate, drizzle with the gorgonzola sauce and serve warm.