I must admit I am not a huge fan of prawns… but I am the only one in my family. My mum would make this pasta often during our holidays in Sicily as we were able to get amazingly fresh prawns over there. It is a very easy recipe and the sauce takes just a few minutes to make. The secret is to use fresh prawns and good quality extra virgin olive oil as these are the ingredients that give this dish its delicious flavour! I love the colours: green and pink/orange. So pretty. This is an amazing pasta sauce for all of you out there who love prawns… I hope you like it! Buon appetito!
- Sauté the onion in the extra virgin olive oil on low-medium flame for a couple of minutes or until translucent. Make sure not to burn it.
- Add the chopped zucchini and a couple of tablespoons of water. Let them cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
- When the zucchini are tender, add the chopped prawn and mix.
- Add the white wine and increase the flame to let the alcohol evaporate.
- Season with salt (at this point I also added the full prawn I used as decoration), put the fire off and keep covered until your spaghetti are cooked.
- Cook the spaghetti following the steps on How to cook pasta “al dente” in the Techniques page of this site.
- Drain it and serve immediately with the prawn and zucchini sauce on the top.