Today my fellow bloggers from Sunday Supper and I are sharing recipes to celebrate Mother’s Day.
I must admit that choosing a recipe for this event was quite easy. I have had these Cannoncini alla Crema in my recipe archive for a little while… I was waiting for the right time to publish them. And this is the perfect time and occasion. You see, these Cannoncini alla Crema are usually sold at bakeries and patisseries throughout Italy and people eat them on Sunday or special occasions. In fact, I remember many Sunday lunches finished with one of these delicious pastries. Sunday lunches in our family were always a big family moment, or a moment to share with friends. My parents and I would all help out either in the kitchen or to set the table and wait for our guests with excitement. So, these Cannoncini alla Crema remind me of my Mum and are perfect for #SundaySupper. They are very easy to make and they taste delicious, especially when just made… they are crunchy on the outside and have a delicious creamy and silky filling. Happy Mother’s Day to all the mums out there, and in particular to mine! <3
Make sure to check out all the yummy links at the end of this post to see what my fellow bloggers have come up with! Enjoy and thank you very much to my friend Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake!! for being a fantastic host!
Cannoncini alla Crema #SundaySupper
How to make a classic of Italian patisserie: Cannoncini alla Crema!
Prepare the Crème Pâtissière as per these instructions and keep it to cool down completely.
Cut out strips as long as the sheet of puff pastry (or about 30 cm) and about 2.5 cm – 1 inch wide.
Roll each strip of dough around a cannolo tube (I did 2 strips per cannolo tube, to save some time, but you can do 1 per tube if you prefer). Make sure the pastry strip overlaps itself: you don’t want any holes in your final cannoncino, or the cream will escape.
Brush the top side of the rolled pastry strips with some cold water and coat with granulated sugar.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C – 390°F for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and the sugar has melted.
When ready, carefully remove them form the cannolo tubes (the tubes will be hot, so handle accordingly to avoid getting burnt!) and keep the cannoncini on a wire rack to cool down completely.
Serve immediately at room temperature.
Fill the cannoncini just before serving, so the shells will remain crunchy.
Check out all these amazing recipes from my fellow #SundaySupper bloggers:
Mother’s Day Breakfast:
- Bacon,Egg and Cheddar Scones from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Chai Berry Muffins from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chocolate Almond Prune Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Greek Breakfast Strata from Curious Cuisiniere
- Maple Almond Butter from girlichef
- Orange Julius from Neighborfood
- Rum Rolls from Daily Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Eggs with an Asian Accent from NinjaBaking.com
Mother’s Day Appetizers, Soups and Salads:
- Asparagus and Prosciutto Crostini from Hip Foodie Mom
- Carrot Ginger Soup from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Chilled Spring Pea Soup from An Appealing Plan
- I Love You Mom Melon Salad from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Strawberry Salad with Asparagus Mousse from Delaware Girl Eats
- Truffled Sea Salt Shrimp Arugula Salad from Family Foodie
- Vegetable Shu Mai from My Healthy Eating Habits
Mother’s Day Main Dishes:
- Betty’s Salad from Jelly Toast
- Brussels Sprouts Kofta from Soni’s Food
- Cajun Shrimp Eggplant Casserole from Food Lust People Love
- Crepes Lorraine from Noshing With The Nolands
- Greek Chicken Pizza from Casa de Crews
- Ham and Spinach Quiche from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Lightened-Up Penne & Tomato Cream Sauce with Peas & Prosciutto from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mac & Cheese Dressed Up for Mother’s Day from Cooking Chat
- Mini Pot Pies from Jane’s Adventures in Cooking
- Paprika Shrimp from Nosh My Way
- Spears in a Blanket from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
Mother’s Day Desserts:
- Banana Cream Pie from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Black-Eyed Susan from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cannoncini alla Crema from Manu’s Menu
- Chocolate Babka from Run DMT
- Chocolate Caramel Tart from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Creme Brûlée from Desserts Required
- Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Lemon Curd Pie from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Lemon Cookies from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Limoncello Lemon Pound Cake from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Mom’s Glazed Blueberry Tarts from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Mom’s Coconut Macaroons from MealDiva
- Mango Sorbet from Pescetarian Journal
- PB&J Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Peach Cobbler from Cookin’ Mimi
- Pina Colada Cake from The Foodie Army Wife
- Pineapple Empanadas from La Cocina de Leslie
- Scotch Tea Cookies from Shockingly Delicious
- Strawberry Shortcake Whipped Cream Cupcakes from Seduction in the Kitchen
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday!
We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world.
Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag
and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.