Today’s recipe for Cookies & Cream Frozen Yogurt has been taken from my eBook The Cool Side of Summer. The cookbook contains 25 recipes of my favourite frozen treats: ice cream, gelato, frozen yogurt, semifreddo, sorbet, granita, popsicles…it’s all there. Italian classics like Milk Gelato, Lemon Sorbet, Mint Granita. But also international flavours like this Cookies & Cream Frozen Yogurt, Chai Banana Ice Cream, Rose Milk Popsicles and many more. Cookies & Cream is my husband’s favourite flavour, so I often make it at home, especially since this recipe is really easy and only requires 4 ingredients! The eBook also contains tips on how to make the recipes with or without an ice cream maker. There are eggless and dairy free recipes. Some are fruity, others are creamy. Some are even low fat! If you haven’t done it yet, get your copy by clicking here.
- 860 ml – 3 cups Greek yogurt
- 70 gms – ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅔ tbsp vanilla extract
- 8 Oreo cookies, chopped
- Whisk together the yogurt, sugar and vanilla extract until the sugar has melted. Chill.
- Churn in your ice cream maker for 20 to 30 minutes, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- minute before turning the ice cream machine off, add the chopped cookies.
- Transfer to a container, cover it and put it in the freezer for at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.