Today’s post is all about “man food”. In honour of Father’s Day, this week’s Sunday Supper event is about recipes for food that men love to eat. To tell you the truth, it’s not Father’s Day here in Australia (we celebrate it in September), nor it is Father’s Day in Italy (that’s on June 19th – St. Joseph’s Day). But it is Father’s Day in many countries around the world and anyway, we all love our daddies, so an extra day of celebration never hurts! Besides, I too love “man food”. I think it’s usually perfect for entertaining and is fun, tasty and maybe a bit messy! The recipe I am sharing today is no exception. I have only recently come up with it and my family fell in love with it, so much so that it has now become our favourite Chicken Wing recipe! It is everything good chicken wings should be: crispy, sticky, juicy, sweet, spicy, zesty… in 1 word? PERFECT! I have fallen head over heels with sriracha. I had heard so much about it and I discovered only a few weeks ago that my local supermarket had it in stock!! So, I am planning on experimenting much more with it! But for now… what are you waiting for? Grab some paper towels and feast on these delicious Maple and Sriracha Chicken Wings! Thank you very much to Susan of The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen for being a fantastic host! And, obviously, Happy Father’s Day to all who are celebrating today!
Maple and Sriracha Chicken Wings #SundaySupper
Maple and Sriracha Chicken Wings - everything good chicken wings should be: crispy, sticky, juicy, sweet, spicy, zesty… in 1 word? PERFECT!
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp sriracha or more to taste
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp lemongrass
- 1.5 kg – 3.3 lbs. chicken wings tips removed and cut at the joint
- 125 gms – 1 cup flour
- ¼ tsp chilly powder
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tsp salt
- Extra virgin olive oil or spray
Combine all the sauce ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
Let it cook for another 3 to 5 minutes stirring constantly until it thickens. Remove the sauce from the fire and keep it aside.
Put the flour, chilly powder, garlic powder, ginger powder, lime zest and salt on a plate or in a Ziploc bag and shake well to mix all the ingredients.
Add the chicken wings to the bag and shake well until they are fully coated in the flour mixture. Shake off the excess flour.
Put them on a baking tray lined with baking paper and spray them with a little extra virgin olive oil.
Bake in a pre heated oven at 200°C – 400°F for 20-25 minutes. Then turn the chicken wings and bake them on the other side for another 20-25 minutes. This cooking time also depends on the size of the wings you are using.
Serve hot with the remaining sauce on the side.
Check out all these amazing recipes from my fellow #SundaySupper bloggers:
- BBQ Chicken Nacho by Country Girl in The Kitchen
- Beer Battered Fried Mushrooms by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Burrata Bresaola and Arugula Appetizer by Family Foodie
- Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce by Hip Foodie Mom
- Chipotle Pork Belly-Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Beer-Battered Prawns with Spicy Marmalade by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Devils on Horseback by Nosh My Way
- Fried Pickles by Cookin’ Mimi
- Garlic and Herb Wine Jelly by What Smells So Good?
- Maple Sriracha Chicken Wings by Manu’s Menu
- Tomato Bacon Jam by Feed Me, Seymour
- Bacon Bourbon BBQ Burgers by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Bacon Cheeseburger Crustless Quiche by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Beef Barbacoa by Casa de Crews
- Beef Short Rib Sandwich by Life Tastes Good
- Beer Brats with Pepper Relish by Jelly Toast
- Beer Can Chicken by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chicago Style-Pizza by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Chili Dog Casserole by Simple Gourmet
- Chipotle Pork Chops by girlichef
- Coconut & Lime Grilled Shrimp Skewers by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Colossal Burger by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Lemon Pepper Wings by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Chipotle Chicken Pizza by Peaceful Cooking
- Grilled Lobster with Miso Butter by Kimchi MOM
- Grilled Sweet Guava Chicken by The Foodie Army Wife
- Ham and Pineapple Pizza Pockets by gotta get baked
- Huevos Rancheros Casserole by Pescetarian Journal
- Lacquered Short Ribs in the Slow Cooker by Shockingly Delicious
- Maple Chipotle Barbecue Pork Tenderloin by Flavor Mosaic
- Meatball Burger on Garlic Bread by Healthy.Delicious.
- Mom’s Slow Roasted Brisket by Food Lust People Love
- Perfectly Pan Seared Steak by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Pollo al Peperoncino by Run DMT
- Polish Coal Miner Piggies (Stuffed Cabbage Rolls- Golabki) by Rants from my Crazy Kitchen
- Red Chile Shredded Chicken Tacos. How to win over your man’s stomach and steal his heart. by Simply Healthy Family
- Ropa Vieja by Meal Diva
- Salt of the Earth Ribs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salisbury Steak w/ Loaded Mashed Potatoes and Mushroom Gravy by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Smoked Turkey Drumsticks by Cindy’s Recipes and Writing
- Stuffed Chipotle Bacon Cheese Burgers by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Stuffed Pork Chops by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Tex-Mex Gut Buster Chili by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- The Cleveland Hogg Burger by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Beer Funnel Cake by Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Black Forest Cake by Noshing with the Nolands
- Carob Chip Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Chunky Monkey Vegan Banana Bread by Ninjabaking.com
- Classic Cheesecake by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Fat Man’s Pie by Magnolia Days
- Mandarin orange cake aka southern pig pickin’ cake by Baking & Browning
- Pizookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Pound Cake Stacks with Roasted Strawberries by Melanie Makes
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie With Mascarpone Cream by La Bella Vita Cucina
Wine Pairings for Man Food #SundaySupper byENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
wok with ray says
What a beautiful glaze on those chicken. Love Sriracha on chicken and almost on anything savory. This is a great treat for Father’s Day. 🙂
This pregnant lady has seriously been craving some sriracha sauce, so I can make these for hubby and it is a win win. 🙂
Nichole C says
Oh my gosh. My husband would absolutely love these wings! I must make!
Manu, I could devour the entire platter of these wings all by myself! I have never seen lemongrass available in such a convenient tube. I’m saving this recipe with all of the sweet and savory ingredients! Happy Father’s Day to everyone’s man!
Shannon @VillageGirlBlog says
My Husband would absolutely love these! Why have I never thought to combine maple with Sriracha?! Yum!
SO many delicious flavors in these wings…no wonder they were a hit! And you get to celebrate Father’s Day 3x this year…lucky dads!
Marlene @Nosh My Way says
Oh the glaze on those wings are perfection. The sriracha is the “icing” on the cake.
I’m a total sriracha addict and I can’t wait to try your sweet & spicy wings! Delicious!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers says
Yum! I am loving your chicken winds and using sriracha sauce is perfect! Love it!!
[email protected] Tastes Good says
We LOVE Sriracha!! My family would go crazy over these wings!! Pinning!!
Deanna Samaan says
Your making me drool here! YUM!
Danielle Nichols says
Oh wow…this has man food written all over it! Looks absolutely delicious!
These would be munched down very quickly in this house, we love chicken wings and the spicy/sweet flavors we adore!!
That sauce sounds absolutely amazing. I bet it would be good on just about anything!
Welcome to the wonder world of sriracha! I always have it in my pantry and you wouldn’t believe what all I use it on or with.
susan @ the wimpy vegetarian says
I love spicy and sweet combos! I can think of a ton of things to use that sauce for 🙂
What a fantastic combination!
The Ninja Baker says
Sticky sublime scrumptiousness! Your combo of maple syrup with Sriracha sauce is genius, Manu! In addition to chicken I may be giving this a try on tofu =)
Martin D Redmond says
Oh Manu…you’ve outdone yourself. Your wings look and sound amazing. Not a big wing person (I prefer thighs – more meat less work lol), but I could eat these all day! Thanks for sharing!
Kim (Feed Me, Seymour) says
These are my kind of wings. I’d eat dozens of them!
Liz Posmyk of Bizzy Lizzy's Good Things says
Oh how Iove chicken wings! Yours look delicious!
These look devilishly delicious. I could do with some right now 🙂
Sherron Watson says
Sriarcha anything and my family will gobble it right up. Your wings look and sound amazing! Thanks for sharing.
Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen says
Love these!! Sweet and heat together are perfect in my book!!!
serena | Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch says
These might be man food but they have my name all over them! Delicious!
Nancy @ gottagetbaked says
Ok, fuggedabout the men. Just put that entire plate of gorgeous, crispy, sticky, spicy sweet wings on my lap. I’m not sharing. These look perfect!
Cindys Recipes and Writings says
So many good flavors together for wings! Bonus on the other 2 Father’s Days are there more Mom’s Days too?
Nuts about food says
We are also Sriracha lovers and always have a stock of maple syrup in the kitchen so we will be making these for sure (did I forget to mention we also love wings?).
Gosh, Manu, I would love to have these for b’fast. Love the sweetness of the maple paired with the spiciness of the sriracha.
Alice // Hip Foodie Mom says
This is probably my most favorite way to eat wings!! love this!
This recipe is absolutely delicious!!!!!!! I never rate recipes but I had to for this one. It’s sweet, spicy and delicious. I baked chicken thighs and poured the sauce on top of them. My family loved them. Pair them with some creamy ranch dressing and you have a wonderful treat on your hands.
Awww THANK YOU so much for taking the time to write this comment! I truly appreciate it. And I am very very happy you enjoyed my recipe! 🙂