This Pumpkin Bread is stunning, even if I say so myself. Besides looking good, it is also extremely tasty and very easy to make. It makes the perfect addition to your fall table, so I suggest you bookmark this recipe for the upcoming holiday season! This bread doesn’t only look like a pumpkin, it is also made with pumpkin, and I love the subtle flavour it adds to it. Don’t skip the pepitas on the top, they add a much-welcomed crunch to the bread. Enjoy!
- Cook the pumpkin cubes in the microwave for 7 or 8 minutes, or until soft. Blend until smooth and let it cool down.
- In the meantime, melt the yeast in the lukewarm water and set aside to activate until frothy.
- Put the flour, pumpkin puree, yeast and water, salt and extra virgin olive oil in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the hook attachment and knead until smooth.
- Make into a ball and keep in a warm place to rise until it doubles in volume (about 2 hours).
- Deflate it and make it into a ball again. Put it on a baking tray lined with baking paper and let it rise for 40 minutes.
- With a very sharp knife cut the top into 8 parts (just the surface!). Put some pepitas on the top.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200°C – 390°F for 35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let it cool down completely before serving.