I love this recipe! I have discovered this beauty on Adora’s Box a little over a year ago (thank you Adora!) and the whole family got hooked. Needless to say, I have made it many times already as it is the perfect midweek dinner: quick, but delicious! I have slightly modified Adora’s recipe as I added a few extra veggies in there (I recently discovered that both my fussy little eaters actually LIKE broccoli when stir fried with soy sauce!) and I made it with a little extra “sauce”, to please my husband. It is a family pleaser. I am sure you’ll love it too! Enjoy!
- 500 gms – 1.1 lbs. pork strips
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- Corn flour for dredging
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Marinate the pork with 2 tbsp of soy sauce, salt and sesame oil.
- Beat the egg, add it to the pork and mix well.
- Dredge the pork slices in corn flour and shake off the excess.
- Deep fry until golden brown. Drain it on kitchen paper and keep it aside.
- Heat up a clean wok. Add a tbsp of vegetable oil to it and start by stir frying the broccoli florets and the pepper for a couple of minutes.
- Add the onions, garlic, chilli, and spring onions. Stir fry for one minute.
- Add the fried pork and stir well.
- Season with 2 tbsp each of soy sauce and sugar. Stir to coat.
- Serve hot with plain steamed or fried rice.