Chocolate. Cheesecake. Brownies. Yes, you read that right. They are 3 treats that I love on their own, so when I saw this recipe over at my friend Lizzy’s That Skinny Chick Can Bake! I knew these brownies would taste amazing. How awesome is it to combine three scrumptious desserts into one?? What you get is hard to describe, it has to be tasted. It is like an explosion of chocolate in your palate and the textures are so complex that your brain gets a bit confused (though I think that happens because they are so good that the brain stops working all together): the cheesecake layer is smooth and creamy and the brownie layer is moist and cakey. And it all tastes of… chocolate. Need I say more?? Yum! Thank you so much Lizzy for yet another fantastic recipe, you will always be the Queen of chocolate desserts to me! 🙂 Enjoy!
- 115 gms – ½ cup butter
- 55 gms – 2 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 200 gms – 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 85 gms – ⅔ cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- Line a 20x20 cm (8 inch) square pan with baking paper and keep it aside.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave (or in a double boiler). Mix until smooth and add the cocoa powder. Mix and keep it aside to cool down.
- In a bowl whisk the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add the chocolate mixture and keep whisking.
- Sift the flour and salt into the bowl and stir until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and keep it aside.