Mojito is one of my all time favourite drink. It reminds me of my time in Cuba, a place I love dearly. I have already shared with you the recipe for the “original” Mojito, made with lime and mint leaves. There’s nothing better than a minty Mojito, especially on a hot summer evening. It is so refreshing! Today’s version is a slight variation to the traditional recipe, as it includes pomegranate juice. I think it is a great addition. The pomegranate flavour is subtle, sweet and tart at the same time and it just adds to the freshness of the final drink. And the colour is just stunning! What is your favourite drink? Cheers everyone!
- Put the mint leaves and the lime wedges in a Mojito glass. Crush the mint and lime together to release their juices. Do not strain the mix.
- Mix the pomegranate juice, rum and simple syrup in a separate glass.
- Fill the Mojito glass with the ice cubes.
- Add the pomegranate and rum mixture.
- Fill the remainder of the glass with soda water.
- Decorate with a slice of lime and more mint leaves. Serve immediately.