Here you have another delicious panna cotta recipe! I have a friend who loves coconut, so I thought of making this to take to her birthday party. I had just made the Coconut Caramel Sauce I shared in my previous post, so the pairing was a no brainer. They were silky, smooth and delicate and they tasted coconuty and delicious. This is a very easy recipe and a quick one too. You can easily add it to your holiday menu, to give it a little tropical touch! Enjoy!
- 250 ml – 8.5 oz. heavy cream
- 150 ml – 5 oz. coconut milk
- 75 gms – 2.5 oz. Sugar
- 3 sheets (6 gms – 0.2 oz.) of gelatin or 2 tsp of gelatin powder
- Coconut essence to taste
- Coconut Caramel Sauce, as per my recipe
- Put the coconut milk, cream and sugar in a pot and heat it on the fire, stirring gently until the sugar melts.
- When ready, put the fire off and stir in the Coconut essence.
- Put the gelatin sheets in cold water for 10 minutes, then put them in the hot cream and coconut mixture and stir well to dissolve.
- Pour the mixture in the shooters (or moulds) and keep them in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight to set.
- Make the Coconut Caramel Sauce as per my recipe.
- Top the panna cotta shooters with some Coconut Caramel Sauce and serve.