Who doesn’t like chocolate?? Well… I know a couple of people who are not crazy about it, but really… not many, right? When it comes to home-made Christmas gifts, chocolate never fails and I try to always include something chocolatey in my little hampers. This year I made my favourite fudge! I made it for the first time many years ago, and when I say many, I mean “pre-Internet-time-many”! I got this great book on chocolate as a Christmas gift and this was the first thing I made! I still haven’t found a better recipe for fudge as of today! It is so easy to make, it literally takes 10 minutes, and it tastes delicious: smooth, silky, chocolatey, sweet (but not overly)… perfection! When it sets, cut it into cubes and store it in an air-tight container for up to 1 month (but it won’t last that long)!
- Line a 20×20 cm – 8×8 inch square oven proof dish with baking paper and keep it aside.
- Put the chocolate, butter and condensed milk in a pot and put on a low flame. Heat, stirring continuously, until the chocolate and butter melt. Do not boil!
- Remove from the fire, add the vanilla extract and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish. Flatten the surface with the back of a spoon and put it in the fridge for a few hours to set.
- When set, cut into cubes and enjoy!