Baileys is at the top of my list of favourite liquors. I love it plain or in cocktails… and I also use it to make sweets. I make a killer Baileys Ice Cream and I always recommend it to people who want an easy ice cream recipe that does not even require an ice cream machine! But to get back to today’s post… I had bought some fresh cream to make something for a party that got postponed at the last minute and you know how it is… fresh cream has a pretty quick expiry date! So, I HAD to use it. I wanted to make some of the above mentioned Baileys Ice Cream, but I had run out of Baileys! What to do?? That is when I remembered seeing quite a few recipes for home-made Baileys on the web and I thought of giving it a try myself! I was lucky enough to have some whiskey in the liquor cabinet… but no chocolate syrup. So I made my own and then went ahead and made Baileys. How was it? Superb! It was so good that I am not buying any more Baileys… I am just making my own!! This is a great Christmas gift idea… so bookmark it and make it for yourself or for your loved ones!
- 235 gms – 1 cup fresh cream (the one for whipping cream)
- 395 gms – 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 400 ml – 1⅔ cups Irish whiskey
- 1 tsp espresso or instant coffee
- 2 tbsp chocolate syrup (I used mine, but you can use store bought syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Pour it into a glass bottle and seal it. Keep it in the fridge.
- Shake the bottle before serving it.