Sometimes I see the picture of a dish and I just can’t get it off my mind until I make it! Has it ever happened to you? I guess that it the reason why I try and limit my use of Pinterest or I would probably be spending all day long in the kitchen!! Not that I would mind, but something tells me that my family would… hehehe Anyhow… I had the above mentioned problem when I saw these verrines. If you know me, you also know that I love small portioned sweets and that I would choose a cream, mousse or panna cotta any day over a slice of cake. So, these cute verrines nicely fitted my personal idea of the perfect dessert. And yesss, they were good. The only thing I would change is I would not refrigerate the chocolate ganache as suggested by the original recipe, as it became too firm for my liking… I would prefer a creamier topping! But other than that, it tasted soooo yummy! I love mango and coconut and the hint of jasmine was amazing… so refreshing! The perfect dessert to eat with your eyes closed, dreaming of the tropics! Enjoy!
- 300 gms – 10.5 oz. mango pulp (fresh or tinned), puréed
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 leaves (4 gms – 0.15 oz.) gelatine
- Jasmine essence to taste
- Put the gelatine sheets in a bowl filled with cold water for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Heat the mango pulp with the water and sugar and mix until the sugar dissolves. Take it out of the fire, squeeze the excess water from the gelatine sheets and add them to the hot mango pulp. Mix well until completely incorporated.
- Add the jasmine essence and stir.
- Pour the compote into the verrines/shot glasses and freeze for 1 hour.
- Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler (or in the microwave).
- Heat the mango pulp with the coconut cream and when it’s hot, slowly pour it over the melted chocolate. Make sure you mix well while doing this, so you get a smooth cream.
- Add the grated lime zest and the grated coconut. Mix well and keep it aside to cool down.
- When at room temperature, pipe it on top of the mango and jasmine compote with a piping bag.
- Decorate with some cachous and serve.