Today’s recipe is a delicious one. You all know I have a thing for blue cheese… so when I saw some Stilton at my local supermarket, I could not resist and bought it. I love to pair the strong flavoured Stilton with fruits. I often pair it with pears or peaches, but this time I used what I had at home and I must admit that apples work great with it too! The final result looked and tasted yummy. All flavours are perfectly balanced and the walnuts add a delicious crunch to the dish. These tarts are a great appetiser or lunch idea, especially if paired with a simple green salad. Enjoy!
- 1 dose of my Pâte brisée (click here for the recipe)
- 3 apples (I used pink ladies), sliced (I kept the skin on)
- 250 gms – ½ lb. walnuts, roughly chopped
- 125 gms – 4.5 oz. Stilton blue cheese, crumbled
- Prepare the Pâte brisée as per these instructions.
- Take the dough out of the fridge, place it on a sheet of baking paper and roll it into a 1 cm – 0.4 inch thick sheet.
- Cut 4 circles of approximately the same size as your tart tins and put the dough in the greased tins. Press it down well and make sure you have dough at the sides. Prick the dough with a fork.
- Arrange your sliced apples on the tart, crumble the Stilton on them and top with the roughly chopped walnuts.
- Bake the tarts in a pre-heated oven at 210°C – 410°F for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a green salad on the side.