I really love to bake cookies, especially this time of year. Yes, I know it’s hot in Australia and we do not get all the White Christmas vibes people in the Northern Hemisphere get right now, but I can still switch my oven own thanks to my air-con! So, I don’t give up baking cookies! In fact, this year I have been on a baking spree and I will be sharing a few of my favourite cookie recipes with you over the next few weeks. These Coffee Sables are definitely a personal favourite… I LOVE coffee, so coffee flavoured cookies are clearly very high on my “like list”. These cookies are buttery and crumbly, and they taste of… you guessed it… coffee. So they are simply perfect! I will be making them again! Do try them and let me know how you like them! Happy baking!
- Cream the butter and icing sugar with a hand held mixer in a large bowl.
- Add the egg yolks and vanilla extract and keep whisking.
- Add the flour and coffee powder and beat until just combined.
- Shape the dough into 3 logs and wrap them in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Roll the logs in granulated sugar and cut them into 1 cm - ⅓″ slices.
- Bake the cookies on a baking sheet lined with baking paper at 180°C – 355°F for 10-15 minutes, or until just golden around the edges.
- When cooked, let them cool down on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool down completely.