It is finally spring here in Australia, but we have had a relatively cold winter this year. As you know, I don’t mind cold weather and I know I will be missing it as soon as the temperatures start rising. It can get very hot down here. Before that happens, I will share one of my favourite winter warmer dishes: Momos in Ginger Broth! Momos are Himalayan dumplings filled with meat (I use pork, but chicken works very well too). They can be served like potstickers (in this case they are called Kothey Momos), steamed or in a broth. Today I will show you how to make a delicious and very healthy ginger broth that goes very well with momos (and all kinds of dumplings). It is easy to make, delicious and perfect to warm you up on a cold winter day! Enjoy!
- 24 momos (click here for the recipe)
- 2 lt – 8 cups chicken stock
- 2.5 cm – 1 inch ginger piece, peeled and sliced
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp brown sugar
- Spring onions, sliced
- Coriander leaves, chopped
- Red chilli, sliced
- Prepare the momos by following my tutorial and keep them aside.
- To make the broth, put the chicken stock, sliced ginger, soy sauce and brown sugar in a pot and bring to a boil.
- In the meantime, cook the momos in hot boiling water for 3 or 4 minutes, or until cooked through. When they are ready, drain them and divide them into 4 serving bowls.
- Cover the momos with the hot broth and garnish with sliced green onions, chopped coriander leaves and sliced red chilli.
- Serve immediately.