I have noticed that l don’t have enough recipes for side dishes on the blog, so I thought of remedying that and today I am going to share with you the recipe for a delicious salad. This is perfect for autumn, when fuji fruits are in season. In fact I have had this recipe in my archives for a while and somehow it hadn’t made it to the blog yet! It is very simple and quick to make and it is also very healthy. It is made with veggies, fruits and even nuts so it is packed with good nutrients and you will find yourself wanting more and more… that’s how yummy it is. I am always on the look out for “different” salads as I tend to get bored of eating the same old mixed salad all the time and this definitely did the trick for me. In case you were wondering, fuji fruits are like persimmons, but hard, which makes them perfect for grilling. I can’t wait for fuji fruits to be back in season to make this salad again, but if you are lucky enough to find some around where you live, make it now and let me know how you like it! Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tbsp honey
- ¼ tbsp honey mustard
- Salt to taste
- Put all the ingredients of the vinaigrette in a small jar. Put the lid on and shake it well to combine them all. Keep aside.
- Peel, slice and grill the slices of fuji fruits on both sides on a hot griddle to get some nice charred marks. Keep aside.
- Put the mixed salad in a bowl, add the charred fuji fruits and pour in the vinaigrette. Mix well.
- Decorate with the toasted hazelnuts.