Happy Paddy’s Day everyone! Raise your hand if you love Bailey’s! I DO!!! I am not a very keen wine drinker (I know I know… very un-Italian…), but cocktails, sweet wines and sweet liquors are a different matter. And Bailey’s is one of my favourite… to drink and to cook with. That is why in this blog you will find a few recipes to use up some of that Bailey’s you have in your liquor cabinet! Do you remember my Bailey’s Ice Cream? And what about trying to make your own Bailey’s? It is easier than you think and it tastes amazing. And then, of course, you could use it to make this delicious mousse. I had a few things lying around and I wanted to use them up… so I came up with this recipe that is an absolute keeper. The mousse is light, sweet and slightly tart thanks to the yogurt and the meringue adds a touch of sweetness and some crunch. The cocoa powder dusted on the top complements the other flavours and it adds a little bitterness. It is an easy, quick and delicious dessert… perfect to celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day! Try it and let me know how you like it!
- Whip the cream with 15 gms – 0.5 oz. of the caster sugar and keep it aside.
- Mix the yogurt with the remaining sugar and Bailey’s.
- Now gently fold the whipped cream in the yogurt and Bailey’s mix.
- Take 4 serving glasses and put some mousse at the bottom, top it with some crushed meringues, cover with some more mousse and so on. Finish with some crushed meringues and a dusting of cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve it.