It is time again for the “Secret recipe club” reveal! I am sure you all know what the club is about, but for the few of you who still don’t know about it, here goes a brief explanation. It is a great concept… each month you are assigned a participating food blogger to make a recipe from and in turn someone else will be assigned your blog. All you have to do is choose a recipe, make it and blog about it on the specified date. The only rule is to keep it a secret! If you are interested in learning more, or want to join the club, please visit the Secret recipe club website.
This month’s assignment was yet another total discovery as it was completely new to me. I am so happy when I get the opportunity to get to know another great blogger! This time it was Desiree of SteakNPotatoesKindaGurl! Desiree blogs out of Cincinnati – Ohio and she has a wonderful blog. I loved so many of her recipes, but when I saw her peanut butter ice cream, I knew I had found THE ONE. I had never eaten peanut butter ice cream before, so I was very intrigued. I have to say I was totally impressed. Actually, I fell in love with the taste and texture of this ice cream. I loved the contrasts: sweet, but not overly, nutty and a little salty. It is perfect. Not only… it is really quick to make. The original recipe calls for half-and-half, as we don’t have it in Australia, I used half milk and half cream. If you use cream, like I did, do not blend it with the rest of the ingredients or it will curdle. Manually whisk it in at the end, just before chilling the mixture. I served this delicious peanut butter ice cream with my home-made chocolate syrup and some toasted peanuts… and I HIGHLY recommend these toppings as they take this ice cream to a whole new level! Try it and you will thank me! 😉
Thank you so much for an amazing recipe Desiree! Please, make sure you drop by Desiree at SteakNPotatoesKindaGurl and check out her beautiful site!
- 180 gms – ¾ cup smooth peanut butter
- 200 gms – ¾ cup + 2 tbsp sugar
- 300 ml – 1⅓ cup cream
- 300 ml – 1⅓ cup milk
- Pinch of salt
- ⅛ tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate syrup to serve, click here for my recipe
- Peanuts, toasted, to serve
- Puree the peanut butter, sugar, milk, salt and vanilla in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Manually whisk in the cream (do not blend it with the above mixture to avoid curdling).
- Chill the mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator.
- Then churn it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Put it in the freezer for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Serve with some home-made chocolate syrup and toasted peanuts.