Today I want to share with you a recipe that my mum learnt from one of her friends years ago and that has become a family favourite. We call these cookies “Rose del deserto” or Desert Roses as they resemble the minerals of the same name that can be found in the desert. Besides looking pretty, these cookies are delicious and perfect both for breakfast with a cup of milk or for tea time. They are very easy to make and I love the lovely crunch given by the corn flake coating. And then, when you bite into them you can taste the subtle pine nuts and the comforting chocolate… mmmm delicious! You should try them!!! Enjoy!
- Put the flour, sugar, melted butter, baking powder and eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix well until it all comes together.
- Add the pine nuts and chocolate chips and mix on very low for a few seconds, just to incorporate them into the dough.
- Make patties the size of a small lime and roll them in the corn flakes. Put them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake them in a pre heated oven at 180°C – 355°F for 15 minutes.
- When ready, let them cool down and then dust with icing sugar.
- Serve at room temperature.