Do you remember I had told you I would be making more food from my friend Rhonda’s site, The Kitchen Witch? When I got assigned her blog for this month’s Secret Recipe Club, I had to chose only one recipe to publish on reveal day and I chose her amazing Sweet Chilli and Orange Chicken Wings… I mean, how can you resist THOSE? At the same time, there was another recipe that I could not take out of my mind: her Garam Masala and Preserved Lemon Hummus. I LOVE hummus and I would eat it everyday if I could! I can say the same thing for my youngest daughter. I usually make my Orange Hummus, but I love to try new flavours, so I went ahead and made Rhonda’s version, though I must admit that I slightly modified it. What can I say? Once again, I think the pictures speak for themselves. It was so good! I loved the taste that the preserved lemons gave to the hummus and the garam masala added a nice touch! This is definitely a keeper! Serve it with a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a sprinkle of sesame seeds and home-made tortilla chips. YUM!
- 400 gms – 15 oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp tahini
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ preserved lemon, flesh and skin, rinsed and chopped
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tbsp water
- More extra virgin olive oil to drizzle on the top
- Sesame seeds to decorate
- Rinse the canned chickpeas under running water and put them in an electric mixer together with the water, garlic, lemon juice, chopped preserved lemon, a ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil, tahini, ½ tsp of garam masala and ¾ tsp of salt. Blend well until smooth.
- Transfer it into a serving bowl, drizzle with a dash of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with a little more garam masala and sesame seeds.
- Serve with some home-made tortilla chips.