I loooove today’s recipe. As you know, I hate to waste food and I love recipes that transform leftovers into new amazing dishes, and this one is a fantastic idea! Whenever I make cupcakes, I always have some leftover buttercream and I never know what to do with it, so it keeps sitting in my freezer for months! But not anymore! Now I know exactly what to make with it: Leftover Buttercream Cookies. In fact, I can’t believe I had never thought of this before… at the end of the day, buttercream is simply eggless cookie dough base, right? I made these with the chocolate buttercream from my Double Chocolate Cupcakes, but you can use ANY buttercream you have! The cookies were so good that my kids asked me to make them again! Can you believe leftovers could be so yummy? Do yourself a favour and save this recipe to have on hand the next time you are making cupcakes, you won’t regret it! Enjoy!
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat together the leftover buttercream and the egg.
- Add the flour and baking soda and mix well.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter on a baking tray covered with baking paper and use a for to press the batter down a bit.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 175°C – 350°F for about 10 minutes.
- Let them cool down for a couple of minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool down completely.