If you have ever seen an episode of Peppa Pig, you will know that Peppa’s favourite game is “jumping up and down in muddy puddles”. I had seen something similar on Pinterest, but I could not find a recipe for it… so I decided to make up my own version of edible “Muddy Puddles” for Georgia’s birthday party. I decided they had to be brown, so chocolate it was. I love panna cotta… I think it is an incredibly delicious dessert and one that is very fast to make. So I made a base of chocolate panna cotta and I decorated it with chocolate cookie crumbs. Then I added some chocolate syrup, fizzy worms and paper umbrellas to give it more of a muddy puddle look. I was very pleased with the result… they looked fun, cute and, above all, tasted amazing. A friend of mine said they were like “paradise in a cup”! And I think she was quite right! I loved the way the cookie crumbs contrasted with the silkiness of the panna cotta underneath! Pure bliss! I recommend you make these, even without the fizzy worms and umbrellas, for a more “adult look”! I know I will be making them again! Enjoy!
- 300 ml cream
- 100 ml milk
- 100 gms dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 80 gms sugar
- 3 sheets (6 gms) of gelatine or 2 tsp of gelatine powder
- ¼ tsp of vanilla extract
- Chocolate cookie crumbs
- Fizzy Worms
- Paper Umbrellas
- Chocolate Syrup
- Put the gelatine sheets in a bowl filled with cold water for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Put the cream, milk and sugar in a pot and cook it on a slow fire until the mixture boils (1). Remove from the fire and add the chopped chocolate and vanilla extract (2). Mix well until melted (3). Now squeeze the excess water from the gelatine sheets and add them to the hot chocolate cream (4). Mix well until completely incorporated.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the small cups (make sure to fill them only half way through) and put them in the fridge for at least 4 hours (or overnight).
- When ready to serve, put 1 or 2 tsp of chocolate cookie crumbs on the top.
- Decorate the Muddy Puddles with some fizzy worms (I cut them in half to make them look like they were coming up from the mud). Add some chocolate syrup to give it a “wet look” and finish each cup with a colourful paper umbrella.